Occasionally on Tuesdays I’ll give you my thoughts – random and off the top of my head. Well, here goes…
- Next week I get to join some of the top communication minds in the church to participate in one of the most unique opportunities I’ve ever heard of: Creative Missions. It’s really an honor to serve with these folks.
- I’ve found a new RSS reader for my iPhone and iPad that I absolutely love. It’s called Byline and it links to a Google Reader account and saves posts so you can read them offline. Handy when I’m on an airplane without Wi-Fi.
- Every couple of months at Calvary, we switch out our normal weekend service handout with a little “serving opportunities” booklet. I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out (which I can say without bragging because Kyle designed it, not me). Here’s a PDF of it if you’d like to take a look.
- We (at Calvary) have been trying to figure out a way to share stories of what God is doing amongst our staff…as well as keep each other updated on what is happening in our ministry areas (so we’re not so silo-ed). We’re starting a Staff Blog where staff members can submit stories and prayer requests. It feeds out an email digest once a week for those on staff who aren’t accustomed to reading blogs. I’ll keep you updated on whether or not it’s successful, and maybe, post on the process of how we set it up (using feedburner for the emails, etc). I’d love to hear how your staff stays connected in the comments.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about how to add capacity (capacity to be more productive, to get more people involved in Communications, to make room to do some things I’ve always wanted to do, etc). I’m wondering if “adding capacity” is even possible? It seems that there is a finite amount of space in our lives and no matter how productive we become, how much we can outsource, and how much we develop as leaders, there is a limit. At the very least, I think you have to have margin and capacity to add capacity. Agree or disagree?